Has God gifted you in providing compassionate, professional nursing care to those in need? Would you like to use this gifting to encourage those involved in getting God’s Word to those needing it globally?
JAARS Health Services exists to serve US-based and furloughing missionaries and staff with a variety of medical services as God provides the needed health care professionals.
JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. Be part of the team that provides health care services to our patients.
This position can be for 8 or more hours per week, depending on staff person's availability. It is for a volunteer or a staff person who raises support.
- Document and report symptoms or changes in patients’ conditions
- Record patients’ medical information and vital signs
- Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments
- Respond to inquiries, concerns, and complaints from patients and their parents or guardians
- Track and maintain medical supply inventory, along with other staff members
- Provide health promotion, counseling, and education
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Must have current nursing medical license in good standing with state of North Carolina
- Experience in patient care for two or more years
- Experience or knowledge of diagnosis and treatment of tropical diseases is helpful but not required
- Experience in overseas living is helpful but not required